Saturday, June 28, 2008
Searching for the most effective fitness programs can be overwhelming. The ads for the latest and greatest products are everywhere and all they claim to achieve the fastest results: get 6-pack abs, tight glutes, and lose 30 pounds all in just 10 days! Trying to weed through all the hype is enough to make you want to quit before you get started.
To help you get moving without spending a cent, I have assembled a list of the best go-to exercises to get you fit! Let's get started:
1) Walking- 30 minutes a day, 3-5 days per week
2) Jumping Jacks- Use them as a warm-up or as part of your interval workout (i.e. 25 jumping jacks/10 squats/25 more/10 pushups, etc.)
3) Jogging/Running- 3-5 days per week
1) Pushups- Great for working chest, triceps, core, and improving overall strength
2) Pullups- Depending on your grip, you can work shoulders, back, biceps, and triceps.
1) Squats- Vary foot placement to work thighs, glutes, hamstrings, hips, and core.
2) Calf Raises- Do these anywhere!
1) Crunches- Start with 2 sets of 20-25.
2) Planks- Try 3-4 of these on your elbows and hold for 15-30 seconds at a time.
3) Abdominal Vacuums- Try this move sitting or on all fours. Pull in your bellybutton towards your spine and hold for 30-60 seconds for 3 reps.
As always, consult your doctor prior to beginning any diet and exercise program! Now get going!