Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Detoxification for Health
I wanted to take a moment to recommend some great books to read on cleansing the body. You will find that they emphasize a shift toward more organic food choices, increased water intake, a reduction of processed and fast foods, and weight loss. If you heal the body and treat it well, it will take care of itself.
Here are some of my personal favorites:
1) The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs
2) Detox: Five Dozen Ways to Detoxify Your Body by Nadine Goodman
3) The Colon Health Handbook by Robert Gray
4) The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose
5) 21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox by Roni DeLuz, RN, ND
6) Juicing for Life by Cherie Calbom and Maureen Keane
In my opinion, all of these books give great information on how the human body works as well as how to undo years of damage while improving overall health. The most comprehensive plan is the Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox. It addresses all major systems and focuses on cleansing and nutrition. You can do her plan for 2 days (over a weekend), 7 days, or the full 21 days and get real results.
The key to any detox program is to maintain a cleaner diet. When you revert to your old ways, your old ailments will return. Make the decision to do something to improve and prolong your life today...